Attach a file to a post
You can attach documents to a post in a discussion forum. Follow the steps below.
- Begin by starting a new post or replying to someone else's post.
- Make sure the Subject field is filled out.
- Enter text in the Message field (the empty box to the right of 'Message').
- Click on 'Advanced' (appears to the right of the 'Post to forum' button at the bottom of the Message field). An 'Attachment' option field appears.
- Drag and drop your file into the space and then click on 'Post to forum.'
- If you want to find the file on your computer, click in the space (or click on the file icon) and the File picker window opens. Choose 'Upload a file' and navigate to the place you have stored your attachment file. 'Choose File', give it a file name, confirm the license and select 'Upload this file.'
- In the Attachment field you should now see your file. Click 'Post to forum.' In the forum, you will see your reply with the file attached.
Updated: August 2, 2019, SR